I admit, I have a boot obsession – after having to wear black pumps most of my adult life – nothing sounds better to me than slipping into a comfortable pair of boots!
I try to limit myself to one pair of new boots for the spring and summer time and one pair for the fall and winter. So its time to look for my fall/winter pair! I don’t like to decide too quickly or it will make for a long wait before I get to shop again. So I decided to start with an online search to see what was out there this season.
I stopped after my first 2 searches – Nordstrom’s had over 125 pages of boots and DSW had over 30 pages – and no – I did not scroll thru all of those pages to see if they were really all boots!
But I looked thru enough to know that there are a lot more types of boots than when I was young. Here is a sample of what we women now have to choose from:
- Over the knee boots – I would love to try on a pair – but where do you wear them?
- Booties – more styles and colors than I could possibly try on in a weekend shopping trip!
- Cowboy Boots – now who hasn’t wanted to be a cowgirl at one time or another?
- Riding Boots (even though most of us don’t ride and probably never will!)
- Moccasins – they look so soft and comfy – but so far I have not succumbed!
- Classic Black Boots – these have gone from necessary winter accessories to the focal point of your outfit.
- Industrial looking boots – I do remember these from my youth!
- Motorcycle boots – yes I do have a pair – and no I have never sat on a bike!
- Combat Boots – I haven’t really been drawn to this style yet – but you never know!
- Snow boots – no longer worn just in the snow – and some are probably better off getting nowhere near the white stuff!